Trūata is recruiting for a software engineer in the Platform Engineering team at our office in Dublin, Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing award-winning start up. The engineering team at Trūata is a diverse group of people with great passion for technology, we love problem solving and enjoy building things to help improve the world. We fully embrace that personal data protection is a fundamental right of every being on this planet.
Our endeavors are aligned to support that belief and ethically help companies drive business value from the data that they collect while complying to the letter with all privacy regulations. We are looking for individuals with passion for new and emerging technologies, willingness to take on challenging problems, eager to learn and value working in a start-up environment as part of cross-functional scrum teams.
- Design, develop, and maintain Trūata’s data anonymization and analytics components
- Mentoring team members and perform code reviews
- Full software lifecycle participation including design, development, testing, bug fixing, cloud deployment, etc.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, in Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience in building large scale Spark applications & data pipelines
- Strong experiences with at least one of the object-oriented programming languages or functional programming languages: Scala or Java
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design
- As senior engineer you must have at least 4-year coding experience with minimum 1-year experience designing software and mentoring software engineers
- Experiences in manipulating large datasets using data partitions and transformation, and in-memory computations (large-scale join / group by / aggregations)
- Relevant experience with ANSI SQL is a plus
- Familiar with at least one large cloud computing provider like AWS, Azure, etc.
What you need:
- We take pride in our elegant code, want software that works, optimizing run time performance, for us good programming habits are essential
- Ability to do pair programming and be open to peer review with fellow team mates
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills