As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be required implement advanced GDPR compliant big data and data analytic applications. You will be a member of a highly capable software team designing and developing web applications for data analytics, data visualization and business intelligence. Our PaaS solutions will be deployed in cloud native environments providing highly scalable and secure data management. A great candidate will have a real passion for developing team-oriented solutions to complex engineering problems. This role is meant to be computer programming intensive.
This position reports into Trūata’s Technical Team Lead.
- Design, develop, and maintain Trūata’s data management platform components which include but are not limited to a Data Lake, Data Privacy Engine, Data Ingestion Algorithms, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Analytics Engines, Data Science portal, etc.
- Full software lifecycle participation including design, development, testing, bug fixing, cloud deployment, etc.
- Build highly available, scalable and client facing APIs
- Develop and interact with secure APIs, e.g. Token based authentication
- Participation in an Agile Scrum based software development process
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a Must. Advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years experience of building web applications, preferably for data analytics, data visualization, and enterprise dashboards
- Expertise with full stack web development for Web UI, Server-side application, and data source / RESTful API integration
- In-depth knowledge of web application architectures and design patterns
- Excellent knowledge and skill with object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms in at least one OOP language (Scala, Python, or Java preferred)
- Experienced with responsive design with HTML5 and CSS frameworks like bootstrap along with cross browser compatibility
- Familiar with at least one large cloud computing provider like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience with Git or other version control software
- Takes pride in elegant code, optimizing run time performance, and generally good programming habits
- Experienced in developing unit tests and integration tests and must pride themselves in quality code
- Able to perform pair programming and peer review with fellow team mates
- Experience working in an Agile environment following Scrum is a Must
- Creativity and a passion for tackling challenging data problems and willingness to work in a start-up environment is a Must
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required