Founded by Mastercard and IBM, Trūata is a tech start up offering a new approach to handling data anonymization and analytics to help organizations meet the standards of personal data protection envisioned by the GDPR. Trūata offers its customers a service to fully anonymize algorithms and reports that customers can use in their own products and solutions. We are headquartered in Sandyford Dublin 18.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be to required implement advanced GDPR compliant big data and data analytic applications. You will be a member of a highly capable software team designing and developing applications for big data handling, data wrangling, anonymization, and data analytics. Our PaaS solutions will be deployed in cloud native environments providing highly scalable and secure data management. A great candidate will have a real passion for developing team-oriented solutions to complex engineering problems. This role is meant to be computer programming intensive.
This position reports into Platform Engineering Manager
- Design, develop, and maintain Trūata’s data management platform components which include but are not limited to a Data Lake, Data Privacy Engine, Data Ingestion Algorithms, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Analytics Engines, Data Engineering, etc.
- Full software lifecycle participation including design, development, testing, bug fixing, cloud deployment, etc.
- Participation in an Agile Scrum based software development process
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong experience with at least one of the object-oriented programming languages or functional programming languages: Scala or Java
- Strong experience with Scala a definite plus
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design;
- As Senior engineer you must have at least 4-6 coding experience with minimum 1 year’s experiences acting as software architect and mentoring junior software engineers
- Experience working in Agile or Scrum
- Expertise with Big Data Hadoop platforms like Hortonworks, Cloudera, MAPR, Teradata, etc; experience building large scale Spark applications & data pipelines
- Expertise with platform engineering
- Creativity and a passion for tackling challenging data problems and willingness to work in a start-up environment.
We take pride in offering an energetic and contemporary employee experience, supported by and array of benefits that provide our employees and their families with flexibility, quality and value. These include excellent health insurance, contributory pension scheme and free lunches!