Founded by Mastercard and IBM, Trūata is a tech start up offering a new approach to handling data anonymization and analytics to help organizations meet the standards of personal data protection envisioned by the GDPR. Trūata offers its customers a service to fully anonymize algorithms and reports that customers can use in their own products and solutions. We are headquartered in Sandyford Dublin 18.
Trūata is now recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer for our Analytics Platform team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be required to architect and build Truata’s Core Platform to support advanced GDPR compliant big data and data analytic applications. You will be a member of a highly capable software team designing and developing applications for big data handling, data wrangling, anonymization, and data analytics. Our PaaS solutions will be deployed in cloud native environments providing highly scalable and secure data management.
As engineering culture is important to us, a great candidate will be intellectually curious and honest, passionate and hungry to expand his skills, while developing high-quality team-oriented solutions to complex software engineering problems. This role is meant to be computer programming intensive.
- Ensure the long-term quality in term of architectural designs and code quality
- Communicate frequently with product management, data pipelines, data science and other teams to coordinate work efforts
- Full software lifecycle participation including design, development, testing, bug fixing, cloud deployment, etc.
- Participation in an Agile Scrum based software development process
What you need:
- 4-6 years’ experience working in software application development as a programmer
- Strong and solid knowledge of software engineering principles and practices. University degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a MUST. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong experience with at least one of the object-oriented programming languages or functional programming languages: Java or Scala. Demonstrated professional expertise in understanding and implementing OO design patterns
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases (such as tuning and optimizing complex queries for highly scalable systems) and query languages (specifically Hive/SparkSQL and ANSI SQL)
- Proven hands-on coding experience with data analytics platforms and workflow engines, including SPSS, Knime, RapidMiner, SAS, Dataiku etc.
- Expertise with Big Data Hadoop platforms like Databricks, Cloudera, Teradata, etc. and solid fundamental understanding of the Hadoop architecture
- Creativity and passion for tackling challenging data problems and willingness to work in a start-up environment.
- Experience with Git or other similar version control software
What would also be great to have:
- Experience building large scale Spark applications & data pipelines, ideally with Batch processing running on Hadoop clusters
- Experience in architecture and development of data models and data dictionaries in big data systems
- Familiar with at least one large cloud computing provider like IBM cloud, Azure, AWS, etc
- 1-2 years’ experience designing software systems, and mentoring junior software engineers
We take pride in offering an energetic and contemporary employee experience, supported by and array of benefits that provide our employees and their families with flexibility, quality and value. These include family health and dental insurance, contributory pension scheme and free lunches!