Founded by Mastercard & IBM, Truata offers a new approach to handling data anonymization and analytics to help organizations meet the standards of personal data protection envisioned by the GDPR. Trūata offers its customers a service to fully anonymize algorithms and reports that customers can use in their own products and solutions. We are based in Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Trūata is recruiting for the position of Technical Scrum Master in Dublin, Ireland.
As a Technical Scrum Master, you will support the Customer Success Team in implementing advanced GDPR compliant big data and data analytics applications. The corner stones of our agile process are predictability and quality. You must be very passionate about these two aspects in the context of Software Engineering and take ownership in supporting teams to achieve these as a part of our overall Engineering culture. A great candidate will be a true mentor to the team and have a real passion for developing team-oriented solutions to complex engineering problems. This role is meant to be a blend of agile project and stakeholder management, as well as operational excellence.
This position reports into Trūata’s Customer Management Lead.
- Support agile teams throughout the entire software development lifecycle: Requirements gathering, design and development, testing, bug fixing, cloud deployment and productization
- Continuously improve our agile process and help craft it in a way that enables the team to deliver with quality and in a timely fashion
- Work with the team to manage our Jira boards and ensure that these accurately reflect each projects’ status
- Implement appropriate metrics and apply a data-driven approach to monitoring overall project health, identification of bottlenecks or process impediments
- Mentor team members in the art of becoming successful software engineers who deliver quality applications and help fostering a quality focused culture
- Build a trusting and safe environment where team members are comfortable to raise concerns, problems, etc. and work towards a resolution
- Liaise with external and internal project stakeholders on an on-going basis
What you must have:
- University degree in a STEM field. Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of total experience with 2+ years of demonstrated success as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach for cross-functional teams
- Mastery of Atlassian Jira and Confluence and experience with Jira and Confluence administration is a big plus
- Recognized Scrum Master certification and Agile literacy
- Creativity and a passion for tackling engineering challenges and willingness to work in a start-up environment
- Excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills
It would also be great to have the following:
- An ability to concurrently keep track of multiple projects of multiple sizes and stages of completion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a talent to capture complex technical matters in a concise manner
- Exceptional discipline and organization skills
- Basic skills to navigate and operate within Linux / UNIX systems, or a strong desire to learn and pick this up quickly
- Practical experience with software development is a huge plus
- Experience with software teams working on Big Data project is a definite plus
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration & Testing in the context of cloud solutions is also a definite plus
We take pride in offering an energetic and contemporary employee experience, supported by and array of benefits that provide our employees and their families with flexibility, quality and value. These include excellent health insurance, contributory pension scheme and free lunches! Read more about life at Trūata.