As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and building mission-critical data pipelines and platforms that enable analytics & decision making. You will have proven technical ability and influence across multiple product areas as you work at the most senior levels of Trūata. You will regularly participate in various design and engineering reviews, demonstrating your domain area expertise.
This position reports into Trūata’s Technical Team Lead.
- Deep understanding of Trūata’s core business, proactive engagement with key customers, and applying big data expertise to Trūata’s ongoing and potential projects
- Designing, writing, and delivering big data anonymization pipelines, making them highly scalable and highly reliable with Big Data technologies, such as Spark, BigSQL, Hadoop and Hive; leading the agile software development process
- Leading technical discussions with internal product management team and external vendors/customers
- Defining technical strategy and product roadmap and balancing short and long-term priorities against business needs
- Lead significant production improvements that result in direct business opportunities for Trūata
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience software development in commercial grade solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and technical leadership.
- 3+ years of experience in building large scale Spark applications & data pipelines, ideally with
- Batch processing running on Hadoop clusters. Experience with tuning and optimizing Spark job performance definitely a plus
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise with Big Data Hadoop platforms like Hortonworks, Cloudera, MAPR, Teradata, etc. and solid fundamental understanding of the Hadoop architecture
- Technical leadership experience, working with multiple teams of engineers concurrently while partnering on broad development initiatives
- Good understanding of public cloud design patterns and working experience with at least 1 public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM, etc.)
- Track record of ideation and innovating technology at scale
- Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset, thriving at the intersection of technology and business
- Strong communication, documentation and mentoring skills required
Trūata offers a new approach to handling data anonymization and analytics to help organizations meet the standards of personal data protection envisioned by the GDPR. Founded by Mastercard and IBM, Trūata anonymizes client data and provides analytic services that can be used to power business decisions. We take pride in offering an energetic and contemporary employee experience, supported by an array of benefits that provide our employees and their families with flexibility, quality and value. Click here to learn more about the Trūata Anonymization Solution.