Trūata is now recruiting for an Engineering Manager – Web Components to join our growing team.
As the Engineering Manager for Web, you will build and lead a cross functional team responsible for developing and delivering our anonymization platform’s multi-tenant web portal and microservices. This includes components such as a Data catalog, Data visualization portal, Industry vertical applications, Platform management tools, etc. Your team will have end to end responsibility for engineering, software quality, design excellence and overall ownership of the solution components. You will be responsible for managing the team, end user satisfaction, project estimation & delivery, along with overall project profitability.
A great candidate will be a true mentor to the team and have a real passion for developing team-oriented solutions to complex engineering problems. This role is expected to be a blend of technology & architecture ownership, people management, along with project & operational excellence.
This position reports into Trūata’s CTO
- Build and lead a team of skilled SW Engineers in end-to-end software engineering for Truata’s platform portal and microservices, also known as the Platform Hub. This includes designing, developing, and maintaining Trūata’s web components, scalable API layers, and front-end User interfaces.
- Key success criteria will include ownership for software lifecycle, product quality, agile processes, version planning & team management leading to overall program success.
- Overall ownership of the architecture and design for Web components built by the team
- Mentor team members in the art of becoming a successful software engineers that deliver quality applications
- Build a trusting and safe environment where team members are comfortable to raise concerns, problems, etc. and work towards a resolution
What you need:
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering with increasing responsibility, with at least one role building a complete solution from the ground up
- 3+ years experience managing a cross functional team that delivers software solutions
- Experience working in an Agile environment following Scrum
- Proven Architecting and Design experience for complex, commercial grade, high availability Web facing solutions
- Expertise with full stack web development for Web portal, Server-side application frameworks, working with various data sources & RESTful API integration
- Core knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms using server side Java is a must
- Experience with at least one large cloud computing provider like AWS, Azure, etc. is a plus with concrete understanding of Kubernetes, Docker, and other service mesh technologies
- Takes pride in elegant code, optimizing run time performance, and generally good programming habits
- Creativity and a passion for tackling challenging data problems and willingness to work in a start-up environment
- Strong communication and mentoring skills required
- Relevant university degree in a STEM field is a MUST. Advanced management degree and / or project management certification is a plus
We take pride in offering an energetic and contemporary employee experience, supported by and array of benefits that provide our employees and their families with flexibility, quality and value. These include excellent health insurance, contributory pension scheme and free lunches!
Founded by Mastercard and IBM, Trūata delivers privacy-enhanced data management and analytics solutions to help clients unlock business growth while protecting customer privacy. Trūata has recently been awarded ISO 27001:2013 certification for its Information Security Management System (ISMS). We are based in Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Learn more about the Trūata Anonymization Solution.