Trūata is now recruiting for a Data Scientist to join its research and operations team. As a Data Scientist, you will be building the next generation of privacy software to identify and mitigate privacy risks while delivering analytic value. This will involve core research, prototyping and evaluation, understanding and implementing customer requirements. We are an IP-centric organization so the techniques you will be developing will be novel and unique.
We pride ourselves in delivering the best and to do that we hire the best. You will be a member of a highly skilled cross-disciplinary technical team designing and building a platform to enable enterprises to perform analytics on their customer data in a GDPR-compliant way. We are an Agile organisation which uses Scrum.
This position reports into Trūata’s Chief Data Scientist.
- Core research on critical topics relating to anonymity, encryption, privacy and risk management, i.e. differential privacy, homomorphic encryption, etc.
- Understand business objectives and customer requirements
- Suggesting and contributing to initiatives to develop new tools and technologies
- Development of literature reviews / market landscape reports
- Development of tools to enable automated analysis of data risk reports
- Identification of risk assessment tests and configurations based on internal analysis and state of the art reviews
- Development of algorithms to implement required privacy enhancement controls
- Development of machine learning and predictive analytics models using anonymized customer data to support their key business requirements
- Large-scale evaluation of effectiveness of Truata anonymization techniques and machine learning models developed for customers
- PhD degree in a related discipline (computer science, statistics, data analytics, privacy)
- Applied knowledge (2+ years) in related programming environment (Python/Jupyter, Scala/Spark, R, etc)
- 2+ years of industry experience in a relevant role
- Practical experience using machine learning and analysis techniques (clustering, regression, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc) and their real-world advantages, drawbacks and ideal usage scenarios
- Excellent analytical and statistical analysis skills
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing data using dataframes, pivot tables, visualization tools
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Direct experience with the entire data science project lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, evaluation and presentation of results
- Ability to present technical concepts and results clearly to different audiences and stakeholders
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Experience in data privacy, GDPR compliance and risk management
- Working knowledge of Big Data technologies including Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Hive, Impala
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers (AWS/Azure)
- Excellent experience with data partitions and transformation, and in-memory computations (large-scale join / groupby / aggregations)
- Experience designing and building large scale Spark applications and data pipelines, monitoring and optimizing Spark job performance
- Customer requirements gathering and KPI reporting / presentation of data science project outputs
- Industry experience in relevant vertical such as financial services, travel / hospitality, telecom, insurance, health
- Experience working in an Agile environment
We take pride in offering an energetic and contemporary employee experience, supported by and array of benefits that provide our employees and their families with flexibility, quality and value. These include excellent health insurance, contributory pension scheme and free lunches! Read more about life at Trūata.
Trūata is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws regulations and ordinances.
Founded by Mastercard and IBM, Trūata delivers privacy-enhanced data management and analytics solutions to help clients unlock business growth while protecting customer privacy. Trūata has recently been awarded ISO 27001:2013 certification for its Information Security Management System (ISMS). We are based in Sandyford Dublin 18.
Click here to learn more about the Trūata Anonymization Solution.