Trūata is recruiting for a data engineer to join their customer operations team in Dublin, Ireland. Founded by Mastercard & IBM, Trūata offers a new approach to handling data anonymization and analytics to help organizations meet the standards of personal data protection envisioned by the GDPR. Trūata offers its customers a service to fully anonymize algorithms and reports that customers can use in their own products and solutions.
As a data engineer, you will build analytic tools/reports providing customer insights into their data, you will analyze customer use cases, creating design specifications taking into consideration GDPR regulatory requirement, develop the use case reports, validate the outputs and ensure that the reports meet privacy requirements. You will be a member of a highly skilled cross-disciplinary technical team contributing to designing and building a platform to enable enterprises to perform analytics on their customer data in a GDPR-compliant way. The position of data engineer reports into Trūata’s Chief Data Scientist
• Gather requirements around data analytics and use of data
• Understand business objectives and customer requirements
• Build analytic tools/reports providing customer insights into their data.
• Create and maintain design specification and test documentation.
• Development of tools to enable automated analysis of data risk reports.
• Identification of risk assessment tests and configurations based on internal analysis and state of the art reviews
• Develop data validation & privacy test strategy including validation plans & test cases
• Work with Truata Core Platform team to feedback customer requirements and identify potential product enhancements vs customer-specific customisations
• Develop best practices for data management maintenance, reporting and security
• Identification of risk assessment tests and configurations based on internal analysis and state of the art reviews.
• Development of algorithms to implement required privacy enhancement controls for customer’s use cases and applications
• Ongoing evaluation of data privacy controls for each customer, identification of area for concern
• Third level degree in a related discipline (computer science, statistics, data analytics)
• Industry knowledge (5+ years) in related programming environment SQL and Scala/Spark
• Excellent analytical and statistical analysis skills.
• Experience with manipulating and analyzing data using dataframes, pivot tables, visualization tools.
• Direct experience with the entire data project lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, evaluation and presentation of results.
• Ability to present technical concepts and results clearly to different audiences and stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work both on-site and remotely with the Client.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
• Experience with cloud infrastructure providers (AWS/Azure)
• Working Knowledge of Python/Jupyter, R
• Working knowledge of Big Data technologies including Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Hive, Impala
• Experience with data partitions and transformation, and in-memory computations (large-scale join / groupby / aggregations)
• Experience designing and building Spark applications and data pipelines, monitoring and optimizing Spark job performance.
• Industry experience in relevant vertical such as financial services, travel / hospitality and retail
• Customer requirements gathering and KPI reporting / presentation of data science project outputs.
• Experience in data privacy, GDPR compliance and risk management.
We take pride in offering an energetic and contemporary employee experience, supported by and array of benefits that provide our employees and their families with flexibility, quality and value. These include excellent health insurance, contributory pension scheme and free lunches!
Trūata is the leading provider of privacy-enhanced data analytics solutions. Our service – the innovative Trūata Anonymization Solution – enables our customers to unlock the business growth potential in their data through analytics, while protecting their customers’ privacy. Founded in 2018 by IBM and Mastercard, Trūata is a fast-moving tech start-up headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Click here to learn more about the Trūata Anonymization Solution