We’re now hiring a Chief Marketing Officer to join our team and drive our marketing & communications strategy so that we can take our company to the next level.
As the Chief Marketing Officer, your role is to provide the vision and leadership necessary to drive our marketing initiatives. You will plan, develop and implement Truata’s marketing and communications strategy, as well as lead Truata’s marketing department. You will own all things marketing on a global basis, setting the strategic roadmap and leading the direction of the company’s marketing efforts so as to achieve aggressive business growth and customer acquisition.
This is a contract role that is expected to require between 3 to 5 days per week. This role is ideally suited for someone with the desire to work at a small B2B startup with high growth potential in a part-time, contract capacity. This role reports directly to Truata’s President.
As part of this role, you will:
- Own Truata’s marketing strategy – including planning, developing and implementing the marketing and communications strategies that will address the needs of Truata’s prospective customers (large, data-driven companies that want to be leaders in protecting their customers’ privacy)
- Oversee implementation of the marketing and communications strategy in Truata’s messaging and marketing campaigns and initiatives to drive sales and reach target audiences, using channels such as our website, social media, videos, sales decks, etc.
- Work in strong collaboration with the Sales team and Executive Leadership team
- Set marketing goals and objectives
- Ensure that Truata’s sales materials, website, social media, events and market research, along with Truata’s relationships with analysts, industry associations and the academic / research community, are managed in a manner consistent with the above marketing and communications strategy
- Lead the Marketing Department (1-2 people) and oversee all external PR and design agency efforts
- Contribute to the overall growth of the company
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and best practices
- Keep the marketing budget in check, demonstrating resourcefulness with a limited budget
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / Management or related discipline
- 15+ years’ experience in B2B marketing, preferably in the technology or data analytics industries
- Significant previous experience as the Chief Marketing Officer or Director of Marketing of a B2B company
- Experience managing marketing & communications departments and mentoring team members
- Passion for marketing and the ability to act as Truata’s “strategic marketing guru,” applying vision gained from extensive strategic marketing experience to see over the horizon, understanding and developing a strategy that positions Truata for both short-term and long-term success
- Advanced knowledge of best marketing practices, including strong knowledge of digital marketing and global lead generation, with an emphasis on new customer acquisition, measurement and analytics
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the company – most importantly building a strategic partnership with our Sales team
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working at a start-up a plus but not essential
- Knowledge of data analytics and/or privacy technology a plus but not essential
This role is for our Dublin headquarters based in Sandyford Dublin 18. Therefore, the suitable candidate must be able to spend at least 10 working days per month in Dublin.
Trūata is the leading provider of privacy-enhanced analytics. Our data anonymization solution enables clients to unlock business growth while protecting their customers’ privacy. Founded by IBM and Mastercard, Trūata is a fast-moving tech start-up headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.